May 8, 2007

Other VDubs

Yet another installment in the continuous chronicling of other ACVWs we've seen.

Later on in the bay window model's life they got fancy with the paint schemes. I have a soft spot for this paint job, and even the stripes aren't bad. I don't think this bus is currently operational.


My first air-cooled VW was a 1973 Type III Fastback, which was white with a blue diagonal stripe, and pink below the stripe. Though I smashed it up not long after getting it, and had untold troubles with it before that, I was forever enamored with these cars. This is a 1969 or older Fastback.


Even dudes on crotch-rockets can't deny the irresistable charm of a VW-powered buggy.

The daughter of one of Melissa's knitting buddies used to drive this early bay window around. While I am certainly sympathetic to the sentiment expressed, it most certainly is not true that there is some kind of necessity attached to any bus's going slow. That is, slow is not the way a van [sic] must go.

No comments:

Post a Comment