January 28, 2009

Higher Learning

We moved to Santa Barbara (Goleta, actually) in the late Summer of 2004 so I could attend graduate classes in philosophy at UCSB. While I usually biked the three miles to campus, once in awhile there was cause to drive Ludwig. My office (such that it was) was in that building at left.

A beat but solid '70 or older parked in Lot 21, the same lot pictured above.

UCSB abuts the Pacific Ocean on two sides, making it (for what it's worth) one of our great surfing campuses. Accordingly, campus attire was often beyond casual. By that I mean the occasional co-ed would show up for class in a bikini top and a towel wrapped around her waist. It's entirely possible that such a Betty parked this splitty at Goleta Beach to hit the waves or the books.

Yet another Lot 21 denizen.

I never got used to palm trees.


One last shot of Ludwig at UCSB. In the distant distance are the Santa Ynez Mountains.

No comments:

Post a Comment