October 13, 2009

Tacoma

A few weeks ago Melissa and her mother went to Tacoma Washington to pick up some fenders for Gertie. The fenders we got off the free Fastback were a little rough and our calculations showed that these Tacoma fenders, which need no serious work, would be cheaper in the long run. The cars below belong to the guy who sold us the fenders.

Karmann Ghia

Karmann Ghia dash. I think Melissa like the KG dash almost as much as she likes the Type III dash.


Ooooo-kay. I guess I had one with a "racing" stripe, so I should shut my mouth.


If anyone has a spare set of late Type III amber top taillights just lying around, we'd be happy to relieve you of them.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What, a highly stylized flaming VW logo doesn't turn your crank? Beautiful, says I.

So I'm thinking the amber tops are true Euro, as nothing red flashes (to this day) in Germany unless it is a true emergency. US DOT allows flashing red to indicate turns, although more and more you'll see the amber turns, red tail/brake even on the Fords & Chevys.

Big Blue's Driver said...

Digging the look of the steering wheel on the Ghia. I've never been inside one.

Ludwig's Drivers said...

Anon-They are indeed the Euro-spec Type III taillights. The word from a fellow Type IIIer in Maupin was that the American-spec red-top taillights on Type IIIs are all the rage in Britain. I guess the grass is always redder, or amberer, on the other side of the pond.
BB'sD-The nicer aesthetic touches on the KGs are probably there to offset the fact that they are about as roomy as the average go-cart. Least practical of all ACVWs.

Alright,
whc03grady.

Post a Comment