December 9, 2009

Pretty in Pink

As most normal ACVW operators are aware, it's difficult not to park next to another ACVW when you see one sitting all lonely-like. So when I saw a cream Beetle parked by itself while running an errand, I pulled Gertie up right next to it. Tater Tot can identify VW buses (they're all "LOOD-weeg") and Beetles on sight--"BEE-too!" Of course she saw the Beetle from the window and announced her discovery. I asked her, "Do you like Beetles?" "Uh-huh." "Do you want a Beetle when you can drive?" "Uh-huh. PINK! Beetle." Oh boy. How does a girl with no exposure to the Disney Pink Princess Machine come up with an answer like that?

To test her convictions, we found a few pink Beetles online and asked her which she liked. She didn't really like coral (probably the most acceptable mode of pink) or pearl, unfortunately. Fortunately, she also expressed an aversion toward convertibles. These were her favorites.





Her number one choice, from the Philippines.


I threw in this Thing as a control. She called it a "Fun-ny BEE-too" and said it was her least favorite (sorry, PJ) of the four here. She still liked it better than the coral Beetles though. 

3 comments:

Big Blue's Driver said...

There's something very Barbie about a pink Thing...

Anonymous said...

I will admit a Thing can be an acquired obsession. By the way it won't be long till the young lass will need a car and I know she'll see "THINGS" my way.

Yesterday while at Fred Meyers I happen to find a Matchbox Thing in my color of blue. So now I have two funny blue be-too's

Ludwig's Drivers said...

@CJ: It looks like she likes a kind of soft pastelish pink, yes. She also recognizes Gertie ("Ger-trood" she calls her) but it's not often that we see other Type IIIs.
@BB'sD: And Barbie: she doesn't have access to Barbie either.
@PJ (dba Anonymous): I'd be happy to let her drive a Type 181 when the time comes. Maybe around that time there'll be a blue one in Southwestern Washington for sale....

Alright,
whc03grady.

Post a Comment