November 23, 2010

Pictures from a Junkyard Bus

Some time ago I posted about a bus in a junkyard in Arlee (MT) that I'd relieved of some of its parts. Rifling through the contents of the cabinetry I found some interesting items as well. I'd forgotten that I'd absconded with one of these items, an abandoned roll of film, which we later had developed. Nothing personal was revealed. Below are the more bus-related or otherwise interesting pictures.

This is a pretty good shot of an inversion, though (of course) I can't say where it is.




The bus had a carpeted platform built across the front passenger seat (see below), presumably for this guy or gal. I'm not a dog person (like, at all), but I like this picture.

Another picture on the roll leads me to believe this is somewhere near Gold Beach Oregon.




The bus sprung a massive oil leak and was abandoned basically as it appears in this picture. All this stuff (and more) was left behind. The junkyard owner claimed to not remember how it ended up in his salvage yard.

6 comments:

marcandeliana said...

Awesome find! Wonder how old the pics are?

barry said...

Might make for an interesting article over at foundmagazine.com.

Lisa said...

What a find. I'm wondering if these pictures are enough to spark a memory for someone.

Pete L. said...

I'd have to guess the picts are from the mid-later 90's. I also noticed an address on some paper, in the drawer. I bet the old owner would love to have these picts.

Great find!!

Big Blue's Driver said...

Dude - that's where I left my bus!

Kirk said...

Very cool. Nothing like a glimpse in the past of a bus.

Post a Comment