June 10, 2015

Jaw Dropped

This unassuming '72 ('72 because big taillights and old bumpers (cf. Ludwig's)) was lounging at the entrance to Mallard's Rest Tuesday evening. I chatted with the owners, Land of 10,000 Lakes tags notwithstanding, a nice Swiss couple on their way to Yellowstone and points beyond.
This morning we chatted some more. I told them about how I knew Ludwig's birthday, and which US port (San Francisco) he was delivered to, and how they could figure this out for their own bus. They did me one better, much better. 

No need to figure any of that out--they took delivery of their bus at the factory in Hanover on June 8 1972. My jaw literally dropped at the implication: they were first owners of this bus.

 Every inch this bus has been driven, has been driven with them. I was gobsmacked.

It's pure speculation, but I'd be amazed if there were one hundred, or even two hundred, original-owner buses in the world today.
Amazing.

4 comments:

toomanycats said...

That is astounding!

Terry said...

That is way way cool!

Unknown said...

I'd love to meet with them as I travel the country . . .
Colin

Unknown said...

That is amazing. I've never seen a First Owner and their bus together.

Post a Comment