July 30, 2016

Vanagonagain

Man, there sure are a lot of Vanagons in the wild these days. True, we live at the closest Interstate exit to Yellowstone, but it still surprises me to see non-local Vanagons nearly every day. Admittedly, the one below is Gallatin County--local.

Bay Windows must've been more or less skipped over, for whatever reason, in favor of Vanagons by everyone who wanted a Splitty (because kewl) but couldn't afford one anymore. It is easier to chicken out and shove a Subaru engine 
(because style over substance) into a Vanagon than it is a Bay Window, so maybe that's it. Or maybe there're more less-rusty Vanagons than Bays left to buy, or there're just more Vanagons left, period.

Anyway, I like this one's color.

2 comments:

toomanycats said...

Is Ludwig going on adventures again?

Unknown said...

I was a motorcycle rider and got hit by a jerk, now I have to drive an automatic. I miss my 68 Westy but a vanagon is now for me.

Post a Comment