March 6, 2011

Santa Maria VW Show, Summer 2005

Ancient history, unearthed recently on our external hard drive.


The Santa Barbara Channel off port with Melissa at the helm, along US 101. A map of the trip is here.


The Gaviota Tunnel which, it seemed to me, delimited the spiritual Northern border of the LA malignancy metropolis, and of SoCal in general.




Crewcab Vanagon>cool.


The cast is an artifact of a bike wreck in Isla Vista a few days before (broken scaphoid).


This was one of the actual Beetles used in the most recent regurgitation of the Herbie series, starring Lindsay Lohan, aka LiLo. Don't I look uncomfortable in this picture? Well, I was. I remember this car's owner was really insistent that I get my photo taken in his car. It was super weird. 


Ludwig was an entrant in this show (curiously, the only bay window there if I remember correctly) but there're no pictures to prove it because the camera batteries died.



No comments:

Post a Comment