March 13, 2011

Freida 1967-1997

Freida was my third VW.
This is the best of the only four (!) pre-paint pictures I have of her. (It used to cost money to take pictures, you see.)


Yeah, yeah, the stripe's on the wrong side. Where were you to tell me that in 1996?
Funny, the way I remember it, you told me that the stripe was for the navigator in a real rally car because, as you said, if the navigator is good then driver doesn't need to see the road.
I'm pretty good at making things up.



"1.6 L": that's funny. Four-tip EMPI exhaust: that's stupid.

A year and-a-half or so later a deer caught the front corner and swung around into the door (right about here). It was a repugnant sound. The fuse box went all sparkly and crackly at my left knee as the headlight shorted out and I knew it was gonna be ugly.

I should've left the hubcaps either all chrome or off altogether.

No comments:

Post a Comment